Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds.
The Bertelsmann Education Group is on a path to build a global education technology business with over a billion in sales. Education represents a key growth platform for Bertelsmann, and is thereby expected to become the third strategic pillar in the Bertelsmann portfolio, next to media and business services. The implementation of this key component of the Bertelsmann strategy falls under the responsibility of a small team located in Berlin and New York, which concerns itself with the identification, economic and financial analysis, and execution of investments in the education sector, as well as the long-term management of portfolio companies.
As Intern Strategy and M&A (m/f/d) based in Berlin (or remote), you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Development of corporate growth and value creation strategies with a focus on M&A activities, from deal flow screening to post-merger integration
- Supporting strategic projects in collaboration with portfolio companies' management, building and maintaining relationships with all key partners and stakeholders
- Preparing financial models (DCF, Comparables) and conducting other data based quantitative / financial analyses
- Facilitating the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for management and boards
- Completion of at least 6 semesters of your undergraduate studies in Business Administration, Economics or a comparable study program with excellent grades
- Strong interest in M&A, PE, strategy or venture capital
- First work experience (through internships) in top tier management consulting, investment banking, or transaction advisory
- Fluent in German and English
- Outstanding analytical skills with a solution-oriented working method
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Solid understanding of finance and generally accepted accounting principles are a plus
- International experience is a plus
To ensure a good learning experience, you should be available for a minimum of three, preferably up to six months. The position is to be filled from August at the earliest.
Get to know our fast-paced working environment with challenges which let you grow day by day. We offer high responsibility from day one and flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment. You work at a modern and well equipped office in the heart of Berlin, with a direct line to NYC.